Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fennec on e-ink

I've been trying to get fennec to work on broadsheetfb. Here's my current status as a brief video clip.


As you can tell, that's far from perfect. Memory profile:

Name: fennec
State: R (running)
Tgid: 1330
Pid: 1330
PPid: 652
TracerPid: 0
Uid: 0 0 0 0
Gid: 0 0 0 0
FDSize: 32
Groups: 0
VmPeak: 95848 kB
VmSize: 95848 kB
VmLck: 0 kB
VmHWM: 38372 kB
VmRSS: 37348 kB
VmData: 57524 kB
VmStk: 84 kB
VmExe: 84 kB
VmLib: 34612 kB
VmPTE: 72 kB



My device now has:
MemTotal: 61560 kB
MemFree: 2484 kB

I see illegal instruction failures when trying to render various web sites which I presume are due to memory allocation failures encountered by Fennec. Further, I see this stuff:
Alignment trap: fennec (1574) PC=0x40816a30 Instr=0xe1c860d8 Address=0x406503a4 FSR 0x013
Alignment trap: fennec (1574) PC=0x40816a58 Instr=0xe1c860f8 Address=0x406503a4 FSR 0x813
Alignment trap: fennec (1574) PC=0x408169ec Instr=0xe1c060d8 Address=0x406503a4 FSR 0x013
Alignment trap: fennec (1574) PC=0x40816a30 Instr=0xe1c860d8 Address=0x406503a4 FSR 0x013

I think I need a tofuier device than Gumstix in order to get fennec comfortable. So far I still haven't found one that I can afford. Still hoping someone will drop me a message on that. Alternatively, I guess I could investigate thinner browsers.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jayakumar said...

hi folks, there's an updated set of videos here

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Maris said...

Lovvely blog you have

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home