Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Pongal

தைப்பொங்கல் வாழ்த்துக்கள். I really wanted to finish this before Pongal but instead I'm one day late. Anyway, I've posted my improved demo of broadsheetfb. I've reduced latency quite a lot (I haven't measured but it should be quite significant) and the more important change is host cpu utilization is now a lot lower. I've posted a video of this here and you can contrast that with the demo that I made during CELF. I've posted code for both the things that I did to improve this. The gpiolib changes need to be split to make review easier and hopefully I'll then be able to convince everyone that its a decent idea and not shortsighted. I've also just posted the damage interface code. I'm very excited about these displays and watching them improve is great fun.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jaya,

I follow the great work being done by guys at www.openinkpot.org for creating a free and open-source Linux distribution for eink-based devices. And currently awaiting their prs-505 support. Unfortunately their kernel hacker is stumped at the moment with getting the fb driver working and they appear to be struggling to get in contact with you (irc logs). If you have the time to share some of your knowledge and expertise could you drop them a line through the mailing list openinkpot-hackers@googlegroups.com or the irc channel #openinkpot on irc.oftc.net.

Kind regards,
Scott

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY PONGAL..! sir,can i contact you..my email address is sathis62@yahoo.co.in

3:56 AM  
Blogger jayakumar said...

Scott, Sathis, thanks for your comments. Happy Pongal to you too. About inkport, I am happy to support them. I have responded to their mails on the mailing list already, at least to those questions that I could answer. I don't have a prs505 or 700 yet, I'm still saving up to buy one. I'll have that in 4-5 months and then I'll really be able to help concretely.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home